Developing Leadership Capability
What was also important was the knowledge that Hewsons were being brutally honest with me. They were not afraid to tell me things that I didn’t necessarily want to hear.
Michael Wilkins, former CEO and MD, Promina Group Limited
Developing creativity, agility, cohesion and performance in a workplace cannot be achieved by dominating, by avoidance, or by ‘do as I say but not as I do’ styles of leadership.
A 'command and control' style of leadership is no longer adequate for the fast-paced, responsive style demanded by successful businesses of today.
What's required is a new level of personal mastery, the ability to build and engage disparate teams around organisational imperatives. This is the future of Australian business leadership, and it needs to start at the top.
That's why the focus of Hewsons Executive Coaching is on developing leadership capability with the people who run the business through increasing their personal mastery.
- Anticipate, recognise and seize opportunities
- Listen effectively
- Develop and empower people effectively
- Build teamwork and partnerships within and outside the organisation
- Rapidly embrace and champion change
- Share and encourage leadership within the organisation
- Understand how they are behaving and the impact they are having on others
- Resolve conflict in a way that actually elevates performance
- Produce outstanding results in difficult or challenging circumstances
- Powerfully engage people in change, initiatives and ideas
- Be fully accountable and responsible for their performance in all areas of their role
- Avoid or dissolve organisational silos
- Move on from the past and think from the future and what is possible
- Transition rapidly into a business, or into new roles