Richard’s passion is in assisting leaders to authentically excel, engaging themselves and their people to achieve their desired results more quickly and easily.
Richard has a leadership role in his local church and enjoys long distance running, swimming and rugby.
Coaching Experience and Organisations worked with
- Richard founded Hewsons and built it into one of Australia’s leading edge executive coaching organisations with a proven track record for success across many industries.
- Richard has been coaching CEOs and senior executives for over 20 years. This experience, combined with the depth travelled along his journey has given him considerable abilities, insights and knowledge of most of the outcomes, issues and demands faced by today’s executives.
- Clients include AAMI, ABB, Accenture, ATO, Aurecon, Australia Post, Boral, Caltex, CBA, Cisco Systems, Citywide, Covermore Insurance, DLA Piper, Fantastic Furniture, Freehills, IAG, Johnson & Johnson, Jones Lang LaSalle, Kellogg Brown & Root, Qantas, Royal Wolf, SAP, Steadfast, Suncorp, UXC, Westfield and Westpac.
Business Experience and Competencies
Richard has over 30 years experience in managing businesses and similarly has been involved in research and development in people performance and executive coaching.
He previously worked in the insurance and superannuation industries where he was credited with bringing a particular insurance agency into the top 3% in the world for over seven consecutive years. He is also highly experienced and successful in sales and business development.
As a result of that experience he has developed the following core competencies
- Working with organisations, companies and individuals in diverse industries and contexts.
- Designing and delivering one-on-one engagements.
- Empowering the leadership of an organisation to lead powerfully, confidently and effectively.
- Developing people’s leadership skills, combined with their integrity in ways that empower people to perform to desired levels.
- Creating high levels of relationship and trust in a very short period of time which in turn creates an environment where people experience that it’s safe to communicate what is not being communicated and, where necessary, to resolve any differences they have with velocity.
- Being able to rapidly identify what will make a difference to individual performance.
- Enables executives to authentically confront ineffectiveness and develop more effective thinking, behaviours and strategies that liberate themselves and others to higher levels of performance.
Outcomes produced by CEO and Executive clients Richard has worked with are:
- Enabling leaders to confidently engage their people to perform at higher levels beyond the past and the predictable.
- Developing people’s latent leadership skills, and their capacity to have a grounded and empowering relationship to results and integrity.
- Enhancing capability to; lift sales, handle challenging situations and people, have productive stakeholder relationships locally and internationally, be less stressed.
- Greater proficiency to resolve conflict creating new levels of honesty and openness.
- Development of leaders who are ‘being’ leaders versus ‘doing’ leadership.
“When working with Richard the results centred on engagement and empowerment of others, personal motivation, a general self-awareness and a more appropriate work/life balance. My commitment to the job and motivation was renewed. My personal performance certainly improved as a result.”
Michael Wilkins, former CEO and Managing Director, Promina Group Limited
“Richard is an exceptionally strong executive coach. He read my situation well, through questioning drew out any hindrances and then put ownership in my lap. I found him very reliable and consistent. By ensuring my personal integrity and professional ethics are aligned, I have been able to make clearer business decisions, and demands when required, to prompt better results.”
Phil Renwick, HR General Manager, Boral Plasterboard
"My Hewsons coach has been a great support for me personally and professionally. His advice has been invaluable, given the significant challenges that I have had in my CMO role at Qantas. It is very helpful to have an independent perspective on issues that you can get too close to. Hewsons has a number of powerful tools and frameworks that help you discover solutions to almost any problem."
Global Marketing Manager, Qantas
Find Out How Our Coaching & Leadership Programmes Impact Performance & Culture
Hewsons provides unique, transformational coaching for executives and leadership teams across Australia
88 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: 1300 141020